Warren was born in San Antonio, TX and moved twice before arriving in Dallas at the age of eight. Warren’s father probably influenced his early career as he worked for 40 years for a Home Insurance Company and retired as a Senior Vice President. Warren attended Southern Methodist University – graduating in 1963 with a Bachelor’s in Business Administration – majoring in Insurance. His senior year, he served as the President of Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity.
Warren began his insurance career with Continental Insurance Company serving in a marketing capacity from 1966-1967.
In 1967, he joined the agency ranks as a partner of J. Frank Holt. The company merged with Arthur J. Gallagher in 1976 at which time Warren served as Executive Vice President and Partner until leaving the company in 1982.
Because of his non-compete restrictions, Warren spent the next four years as the Marketing Director with real estate development company, Luedtke Aldridge.
On August 1, 1986, Warren joined Swingle Collins & Associates – where he currently serves as a shareholder.
Warren’s Community activities include:
- Past President, SMU Letterman’s Club
- Past Member, Board of Directors of SMU Mustang Club
- Past President, All Sports Association
- Past Member, Park Cities YMCA Board of Directors
- Past Chairman, Park Cities YMCA Sports Committee
- Member of the Salesmanship Club of Dallas since 1969
- Camp Board Chairman – 1986
- Member, Board of Directors – 1982, 1986, 1990, 1991, 1998
- Member of Camp Board – 1978-1981; 1984-1987
- Chairman of Marshalls, Byron Nelson Golf Classic – 1977-1981
- Chairman of Tenth Tee Shuttle, Byron Nelson Golf Classic – 1986-1989
- Chairman of Gold Drawing Party, Byron Nelson Golf Classic – 1986-1988
- Membership Chairman 1991
- Chairman, Nominating Committee – 1988
- Players Relations – 2000 – Current