Swingle Collins Participates in Heart of a Warrior Sporting Clay Shoot
On Friday, April 11th, 2014, Swingle Collins & Associates joined our friends from McGladrey for a sporting clay shoot benefiting Heart of a Warrior Charitable Foundation. It was a beautiful and sunny day at Elm Fork Shooting Sports and everyone had a blast (literally) for a superb cause.
The Dallas based Heart of a Warrior Charitable Foundation (www.hoawdallas.org) has taken on a very important mission of supporting educational, cultural, and life-enhancing enrichment programs targeting social-economically underserved children here in Dallas.
Extensive research has shown that children that do not have access to quality learning opportunities and healthy stimulation during the summer can fall nearly three grade levels behind their peers by 8th grade. The Young Warriors Summer Learning program strives to help close the gap and provide students with opportunity to learn and enrich their lives during the summer months.
The program focuses on STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, & Mathematics) based learning and continues to be rooted in the ideals of community leadership and civic engagement. Over 1,000 students have been positively affected the YWSL program. Results from the program show an average gain of 30% in math and science competencies.
Quick Facts About Heart of a Warrior Charitable Foundation
- A 501 (c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to providing total enrichment opportunities for underserved youth
- Founded in 2007 in memory of Melvin and Dorthy Warrior
- Signature Program- The Young Warriors Summer Learning Program
- Major Fundraiser- Casino Night held in November
- $2,000 will completely underwrite the cost of one student for an entire summer of enrichment through the Young Warriors Summer Learning Program.