Nothing is as simple as it used to be. Court decisions and new regulations are rendering financial services firms increasingly vulnerable to lawsuits and tighter regulatory scrutiny. Even the most well-managed and cautious firms are finding themselves exposed.
In today’s complicated legal and regulatory environment, financial companies have special liability exposures that may not be covered by their existing general liability insurance policy. Professional liability lawsuits can be triggered by not meeting client expectations, misstating results or even violating federal regulations. Many different laws continue to create significant accountability for advisers along these lines. The proliferation of federal and state laws governing employment practices, combined with evolving case law, also makes claims by employees more common and more costly. Even routine business decisions can lead to liability for a firm and its management. A wide range of actions can be brought by any number of parties—not only by clients, but also by shareholders, employees and regulators. The financial well-being of a firm and its management is at risk.
In the past, a financial adviser wanting to insure such diverse risks had to purchase several different policies and hope that a claim would not fall into any potential gaps in coverage.
The Swingle Collins & Associates team has a strong understanding of exactly what financial services firms need to protect their company, and offers a variety of financial services insurance to assist. Call us, if we can be of assistance to you.
Financial Services Insurance – Industries Served
- Community Banks
- Regional Banks
- Investment Advisers
- Registered Investment Advisers
- Private fund managers
- Mutual funds
- Venture Capital
- Private Equity Firms
- Credit card issuers
- Sub prime lenders
- Trust companies
- Leveraged Buy-out Firms
- Investment Banking
- Mortgage Brokers & Bankers
- Title Companies
- Family Office
- Insurance Company
- Money Center Banks
Financial Services Insurance Available Coverages
- Errors and Omissions Liability
- Directors and Officers Liability
- Employment Practices Liability
- Fiduciary Liability
- Outside Directorship Liability
- One integrated policy, helping to minimize the gaps in coverage that can exist among separate policies.
- A definition of claim that speaks to the most significant professional liability exposures of an investment
- Coverage for defense costs, judgments, and settlements for covered claims.
- Claim includes formal regulatory investigations into a firm’s activities.
- Worldwide coverage.
- A policy that is noncancelable by carrier, except for nonpayment of premium.
- No coinsurance requirement.
- No regulatory exclusion.
Plus these policy features:
- As long as a claim has an active, covered allegation, the duty to defend and pay 100% of defense costs for all allegations.
- The policy responds to filed lawsuits, as well as to written demands, formal regulatory investigations, and criminal or administrative proceedings.
- One simplified application for all coverages.
- Claims are handled by field claim professionals with expertise in each coverage area.
- Branch offices across the United States provide local claims presence, as well as coordination of claims handling across legal jurisdictions.
- Management Liability Insurance
- Outside Directorship Liability Insurance
- Management Indemnification Insurance
Claims-made form that includes:
- Worldwide coverage
- Coverage for suits brought by portfolio companies against the venture capital or private equity firm or its employees or management
- Coverage for securities actions
- Controlling shareholder liability coverage
- Coverage for advisory board members of a private fund
- No exclusions for tortuous interference, intellectual property or antitrust
- Automatic coverage for newly created private funds
- Advancement of defense costs
- No prior-acts exclusion
Swingle, Collins & Associates specializes in financial services insurance coverage. The descriptions of coverages listed on this website are brief and subject to the provisions, limitations, and exclusions that can only be expressed in your policy and related endorsements. For additional information of how Swingle, Collins & Associates can assist in meeting your coverage needs for community and regional banks, private fund managers, or mortgage brokers/bankers insurance please contact your dedicated risk manager to discuss the benefits and services of personal homeowners insurance coverage.
The information contained on this page is provided for informational and educational purposes only. It contains general information on insurance issues and may not reflect the most current developments in insurance coverage and is unlikely to apply in all factual scenarios. The information does not include all the terms, coverages, exclusions, limitations or conditions that may be contained in the actual insurance contract language. The policies themselves must be read for those details. Sample policy forms will be made available upon reasonable request.